Having the right social media strategy is going to allow you to post with purpose! If you’re like most business owners and posting without purpose you’re just wasting precious time and effort.
In this episode, we’re laying out your Social Media Strategy for 2024.
- What to post
- When to post what
- How often to post
- And some excellent social media tips
DM me the word GROW on Instagram to improve your marketing:
Creating a Winning Social Media Strategy for 2024
In today’s competitive digital landscape, having a well-defined social media strategy is crucial for business owners. Without a clear plan, you risk wasting precious time and effort on aimless posting. To help you navigate the ever-evolving world of social media, we’re laying out a comprehensive social media strategy for 2024.
What to Post:
To start off, it’s important to have content pillars in place. These are categories of content that align with your services and cater to your audience’s interests and needs. By identifying these pillars, you can ensure that the content you create resonates with your target audience.
Additionally, understanding your customer’s buyer journey is key. There are three main stages: awareness, consideration, and decision. In the awareness stage, focus on educating your audience about the problem they have and how your services can address it. In the consideration stage, provide valuable insights into different solutions available, positioning yourself as an expert. Finally, in the decision stage, showcase why your solution is the best fit for them.
Types of Content to Create:
- Educational Content: Position yourself as a thought leader in your industry by sharing valuable knowledge and insights. This helps build credibility and establishes your authority.
- Problem-Aware or Agitation Content: Grab your audience’s attention by addressing their pain points and demonstrating that you understand their challenges. By agitating their pain points, you can create a stronger connection with your audience.
- Behind-the-Scenes Content: Share testimonials, projects you’re working on, before-and-after results, and day-in-the-life content. This type of content fosters likability and creates personal connections with your audience.
Where to Post What:
Different social media platforms offer unique benefits and opportunities. Here’s a breakdown of some key platforms and the types of content that work well on each:
- TikTok and Reels: These platforms are excellent for reaching a new audience and gaining exposure. Educational, problem-aware, and agitation content perform particularly well here.
- Instagram Stories and Posts: Instagram is a popular platform for businesses and personal brands. Use stories to nurture your existing audience and posts to build connections. Share behind-the-scenes content, testimonials, and sales offers here.
- Niche Facebook Groups: Engaging with relevant Facebook groups allows you to connect with your target audience. Focus on providing value and answering questions rather than self-promotion.
- LinkedIn: This platform is ideal for business-to-business connections. Share educational, problem-aware, and agitation content. Experiment with text-based posts and consider linking external content in the comments.
- Threads: Although not widely utilized, threads offer a unique conversational-based platform. Engage in conversations, answer questions, and showcase your true personality.
How Often to Post:
Consistency is key when it comes to social media. It’s better to choose a posting schedule that you can stick to consistently rather than sporadically posting large volumes of content. While experts recommend posting three times a day or more, the most important factor is maintaining a regular posting schedule.
Tips for a Successful Social Media Presence:
- Start with the right mindset: Understand that social media is a tool to support your business growth, not the main driver of sales.
- Define your objectives: Clearly identify what you want to achieve through your social media efforts, such as building connections, list building, or driving website traffic.
- Measure what matters: Focus on meaningful metrics that align with your objectives, avoiding comparisons with others’ numbers.
- Stay consistent: Batch create your content and utilize auto-posting tools to maintain consistency in your social media presence.
- Embrace new features: Keep up with platform updates and take advantage of the latest features to stay ahead of the competition.
- Drive traffic to your list: Ultimately, aim to move your social media audience onto your email list for better control and long-term engagement
Creating a winning social media strategy for 2024 requires careful planning and execution. By following these guidelines and adapting them to your specific business needs, you can maximize the impact of your social media efforts and drive sustainable growth.
If you want to learn more about optimizing your social media strategy or have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via email at [email protected]. I’d be happy to continue the conversation and help you achieve your social media goals.
We hope you found this guide insightful and invite you to subscribe for more valuable marketing strategies and tips. Don’t forget to leave us a rating and review if you enjoyed this content. We look forward to sharing more in our upcoming episodes!